At the Academy for Little Learners, children 2 1/2 to 3 years of age enjoy a large classroom designed specifically for this age group to facilitate learning and fun. Your children will also have many opportunities to play outside in our dedicated 2000 sq ft 2 1/2 to 3 year old play ground equipped with developmentally appropriate and fun equipment.
Our curriculum includes many fun activities and focuses on the children’s development in:
- Social Skills (transitions, group time, cooperating, etc)
- Self-Help Skills (potty training, using silverware, cleaning up self and area, etc.)
- Fine Motor Skills (pencil grip, scissor skills, etc.)
- Large Motor Skills (throwing and catching balls, etc.)
- Cognitive Skills (following instructions, attending to tasks, matching, etc.)
Our curriculum is ultimately designed to prepare children to transition into the 3 year old room at their own pace.