At the Academy for Little Learners, children 1 1/2 to 2 years of age enjoy a large classroom designed specifically for this age group to facilitate learning and fun. The classroom is adjoined to the 2 1/2 year old room to facilitate transitioning from one class to the next and is set up such that children 1 1/2 to 2 year olds and 2 to 2 1/2 year olds have individual learning space. Your children will also have many opportunities to play outside in our dedicated ~1000 sq ft 2 year old play ground equipped with developmentally appropriate and fun equipment.
Our curriculum includes many fun activities and focuses on the children’s development in:
- Social Skills (play, sharing, verbal communication, etc)
- Self-Help Skills (potty training, nap time, cleaning hands, etc.)
- Fine Motor Skills (puzzles, beads, manipulatives, etc.)
- Large Motor Skills (balls)
- Cognitive Skills (routines, group time, counting, matching, etc.)
Lesson plans are developed and available for review each week.